**IMPORTANT NOTICE – SOME MASHIMA MOTORS CURRENTLY LIMITED SUPPLY, CONTACT US FOR AVAILABILITY…
1. Motor shafts are hardened steel, and if they need to be shortened, an abrasive cut-off disc must be used. Use eye protection.
2. Mounting screws are supplied with each motor. See FASTENING list for other lengths of screws. Install screws with care, making sure they do not bottom on any internal parts of motor.
4. Use maximum safe continuous RPM when calculating reduction ratios for model top speed.
5. As a general rule, choose the biggest motor that will fit.
6. North Yard stocks motors from NWSL and Mashima. NWSL motors are permanently sealed, and spare brushes or armatures are not available. Some sizes have side mounting holes.
Mashima motors do not have side mounting holes.
MODULE is the standard metric term for gear tooth size. NORTH YARD gearing has a 20° pressure angle. N = No. of teeth PD = Pitch diameter OD = Outside diameter WG = Worm Gear – will mesh with RH worm or reverse worm gear RWG = Reverse Worm Gear – will mesh with LH worm or worm gear SG = Spur Gear – will mesh with another spur gear only
PD = Module x N (for gear) OD = Module x (N + 2) (for gear) PD = OD – (2 x Mod.) (for worm)
MATERIAL AND COLOUR:
NORTH YARD gears are injection moulded in acetal (an engineering plastic) and are colour coded as follows: WG – black RWG – white Bores are designed for a light press fit on precision ground shafting.
**IMPORTANT NOTICE – SOME MASHIMA MOTORS CURRENTLY LIMITED SUPPLY – Our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.